This document will go through criminal law in South Africa and give you a better understanding of your rights and the Law.
- Crime is defined as: An act or omission that constitutes an offence and may be prosecuted by
the state and is punishable by law.
- Understand this well: If you are to use force in self-protection there are two elements of
"lawfulness" that you must remember viz...
- LAWFUL CITIZENS' ARREST - What is it ?
- UNLAWFUL CITIZENS' ARREST -
- Always take into consideration that you may only execute Citizens' Arrest for
Schedule 1 offenses, and no other.
- What is a schedule 1 Arrest ?
- AUTHORIZED TO ARREST ? Under what circumstances ?
- Read more ...
- Understanding Criminal Law.pdf