The 10 week academy is a top sort after program and will give you survival tools that will be easy to learn but tough going . This is a Police Academy for Civilians.
In this section we will go through the C.O.B.R.A.™ 10 Week Academy step by step, class by class.
Topics To Discuss
Topics to discuss throughout the 10-Week Academy. Discuss in 3-5 minute segments:
- Reality of Self-Defense
- Action vs. Reaction
- T.P.M. – The Time Place and Method of attack (This formula does not change.)
- AAA: Understanding this concept
- What is Self-Defense?
- The Importance of Scenario Training
- Three Types of Bad Guys
- Command Presence
- Controlling Fear and Panic
- Criminal Intent
- S.A.E. IT Method
- Threat Recognition
- What it Takes to Survive
Academy Class Structure
- Warm up – 10 minutes (lecture during warm up)
- Review stance – 5 minutes
- Review techniques from last class – 10 minutes
- Introduction drill (selected) – 10 to 15 minutes
- Introduction to new techniques/escapes (selected) – 10 minutes
- Scenario (selected) – 10 to 20 minutes
- End with lecture about class.
This should last about 1 – 1.5 hours.
Academy Video :